Ever heard of the MACPod?
MacPOD Publisher’s Description:
MacPOD uses granular synthesis to generate a wide range of audio effects, including time compression and expansion, from any non-protected soundfiles. Transform speech or instrumental sounds into glorious, rich soundscape textures. A great tool for composers and sound designers!
MacPOD/WinPOD  reprises the original MacPOD, first released in 1998 (and recipient of a Bourges Festival award).
* Ultra-long time-stretching and freezing
* 34 voice real-time granulation of sampled sound creates expansive textures from speech sounds, sound objects or other recordings
* Autostretch preserves speech transients
* Equalizer and resonator section
* Spectrogram and FFT display
MacPOD is named in honour of the original POD GSAMX system developed by Barry Truax at Simon Fraser University.